CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

countdown

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Just sitting in Nice (its pronounced Niece) hehe!!!

So we made it to our hostel and can I tell u I hate the rain!!!! It seems to be following us everywhere we go... there is no escaping it. But before we got to Nice we took this incredible train ride... one of many I guess but this one was my favorite. I wrote it out perfectly in my NEW journal (because yes my very nice Italian made journal is floating around France... maybe the hand full of entries will get published and I'll become famous without even trying. Thats the one good thing that could come from a lost journal.) Anyway, back on topic... the train ride was right along the Mediterranean Sea for the most part. Try and imagine the darkest green you can. Thats the color of the trees spread all along the mountains and every so often there are these villas with pail white walls and salmon colored roofs. With beautiful flowers outside every window ledge (that was for u Brecky... you'd absolutely die!!!). Top all that off with a stunning view of the sea... no ordinary sea... a teal blue color that fades in and out of a deep royal blue. I hope these words are descriptive enough because it's practically indescribable. Could you imagine waking up to that view every morning? Some people have all the luck huh?

I am hoping tonight that I can get back on the internet and upload some pictures.. but it once again depends on time. I love you all very much. Miss u! Keep me posted on your lives too! xoxo

P.s. Spain was incredibly fun but short... Barcelona... (or Barthelona if you speak Spanish Spanish) was neat but that is a story that must be saved for when I get back home. You will understand why when you hear it.

Love you!!!
Danielle Rose

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your description painted a wonderful picture in my mind. I would love to do that someday. I will have to get all the scoop from you when you get back. I will try my mental telepathy and see if I can send some of our "warm" sunshine your way. Maybe if a few others join me, we can make it happen......... right ! haha. Love you.

Breck said...

Hey Danielle,
It seems I'm the first once again to put a comment on your post. That's probably because I check your blog every day to see if you wrote anything new. Oh, the scenery you described is just wonderful. I really do hope you got some pictures and that you'll put them on your blog. Did you get some of my flowers too? Well, everything's all right here. Dason, Dustin, and Jaden have spent the night for Monday and Teusday; let me tell you, it has not been easy. I still love them though. Well Love You LOTS! Hope you get those pictures on your blog soon. Don't have too much fun without me. Love you!!!!!
Your sister Breck
P.S. I can't stop listening to Les Miserables. I probably know the whole thing by heart by now. See what you've done. Haha! Just kidding! Love you lots. Breck

Breck said...

Nevermind. I'm not the first one to comment on your post. Right as I clicked publish post Grandma popped up. Danget! I took too long right? Well you can scratch me being first. Love you!!!!!!
Breck

codijae said...

It sounds absolutely beautiful Bevell...I can't wait to hear all about it when you get home! Love you and miss you!!! -Codi

Unknown said...

If you are still in Nice there is hotel in the main restaurant area called the Felix hotel go to the owner teddy and tell him you are a friend of Bob's from Global Travel Magazine. Ask him to show you that little italian restauant right next door. You'll love it!!!!!!!!!
Bob

Bevell Family said...

Well, Well,
Nice to hear from you in Nice... hee hee... You sounded refreshed and ready for another full day! I love the picture you painted in your blog... Cant wait to see the pics... Here all is well... guess what... The old cars were hauled off yesterday along with all the bikes... YEAH!!! Dad is a little sad... but ya know... We are also headed to Sopers to watch 3 Fugatives... Can't you just hear Kathi laughing... hee hee.. That will be fun... Izaak started swimteam... we'll see... Brant wants to do Aunt Lori's Art class... again we'll see.. Ohhh... Brant should be trying for his license this next week. We checked on ins.. all looks good... We are busy, busy as ever... 9 agents showed up for the last Tuesday all day training... NOT BAD HUH? Richard asked how you were doing... All is well. We love you and can't wait to see you when you return...
Hugs to Natalia,
Love & Smiles,
Sean A'lee

Bevell Family said...

Hey you two. Gosh we sure are having fun traveling with you both. Thanks for letting us tag along for the ride virtually. It's as good as being there.(almost) Anyway, keep making the most of every day and don't worry or think about us much. Stay in the moment, enjoy each day in such a way so you can look back on this trip the rest of your lives with wonderful memories. No regrets. Have fun and be yourselves, your better selves. Not everyone has such an opportunity. I hope all these countries can quickly recover after you come home. I'm sure you've left you mark on more than a few towns and villages. Wow! I'm happy for you both and look forward to hearing all about it. I Love you Dani, and I'm very proud of you.
Love DAD

Cheryl said...

Hi Danielle! I'm Jodi's (your neighbor) Mom & a friend of Sean A'lee's. I was reading her blog about you so I decided to check out your trip. Sounds like you're having a WONDERFUL time! Make sure you write down EVERYTHING! I still look back over my journal from my Europe trip over 20 years ago. I wish I had kept better info about my most recent trip to Ukraine--so write it all down. If you checked out the beach at Nice, I hope you weren't too shocked. Very different from American beaches. Can't wait to read more about your trip! Be safe!